The First Team Based Quiz

So at the beginning of the semester (aka last week) when we went through the syllabus and came across the section discussing Team-Based Learning and RAP, iRat and tRat, the collective response of the class was:
After taking it for the first time, I completely agree that its hard to explain so I'm not going to bother and I'll just skip the iRat ( the "i" stands for individual) and go right on to the tRat (the "t" stands for team).

The tRat just involved going over the choices everyone made on the iRat and agreeing as a group on what the final answer the group would markdown. I have to go ahead and establish that I'm a pretty argumentative person ( while I'm admitting negative personality traits, I might also think that I'm always right) so I spent a lot of the time trying my hardest to convince my group members to go along with the choice I had, even when most people had a different answer ( if you're wondering, yes I was right).

I bet you're wondering how we did, well the answer to that is:
We got 31/40, so my goal for the future is definitely to take even more detailed notes so my group can do even better!!

I probably enjoyed the appeal process the most, which was were as a group we were able to argue why we believed that we should have gotten credit for an answer because there was a problem with the question, I really took charge during this part so I'll tell you in my next post how that went.

- A.C


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Research! Fun!

You're Too Far-Close To Me (Personal Space Around the World)

Shane Dawson + Uncertainty Reduction Theory